Innovative one-handed pump head that does both Schrader/Presta
Product Tested: TaggioPro Pump Head
Price MSRP: find here
Source: Bike shops, Websites
Best Features: Easy Snap-on/Snap-off pump head.
- Easy on easy off pump head for Presta and Schrader
- Pump head come in gray, red or green
- Several ways to mount the pump head one-handed
- Fits most floor pumps.
- Takes a little getting used to, in other words, you need to practice a few times to be able mount the pump head to the valve without losing all of the air.
User Review( vote)
TaggioPro PUMP HEAD – SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED
- Your favorite Pump.
- Scissors or wire cutters (if you cannot remove the original pump head). Alternatively you can purchase an air hose to mount the TaggioPro pump head onto.
- Pliers to expand the hose clamp for installation
Disconnect the original pump head by first disconnecting any locking screw then, you can either cut the hose or just as easy, wiggle the pump head back and forth while pulling on the hose. The original pump head will usually separate from its hose in no more than 30 seconds. Lastly, slide the supplied hose clamp onto the hose then slide the male end of the TaggioPro onto the end of the hose. Using your own supplied pliers, attach the provided hose clamp to the end of the hose and that’s all there is to the assembly.
HOW TO USE
- Select Schrader or Presta (S or P)
- Connect TaggioPro pump head – 2 ways to connect. Videos below show both ways.
- One-handed; place thumb over top of the pump head and pull up on the ring. This compresses the spring allowing the pump head to expand. Once the pump head has expanded, it slips easily over the valve stem. After releasing the ring, give the pump head an extra push to lock it into place. Tires can be filled just as easy with the valve stem up or the valve stem down. Alternatively, you can mount the pump head in one quick motion. See videos below.
- Two-handed; pull up on the ring as described above but this time use index and middle finger of each hand to straddle the ring. Snap the pump head over valve stem and push down to lock. Again, tires can be filled just as easy with valve stem up or valve stem down.
- Disconnect pump head by quickly pulling the ring.
WHAT MAKES THIS PUMP HEAD DIFFERENT?
These break or get hard to toggle. I know I have bent more than my fair share of Presta valve core plungers due to a sticking pump head lever. In fact, recently, using another brands pump/pump head, my finger slipped off the locking lever as it proceeded to snap shut slicing my finger open.
I have always enjoyed bicycling and, through a series of coincidences, became a Bicycle Industry Consultant and Product Tester. I test prototype products for companies and have published only off the shelf production products on biketestreviews.com.